Meet The Winters & King, Inc. Team
Multiple individuals. One set of values.
With the combined experience and teamise of the talented individuals who form our team at Winters & King, Inc., we are able to effectively address a myriad of different issues facing churches and nonprofit organizations today.
- Thomas J. Winters — Attorney Winters, one of our founding shareholders, is an agent and negotiator for many of our published clients. He works tirelessly to protect the interests of our author clients and to help them interact with publishers though his skill of negotiating and knowledge of the publishing business.
- Michael J. King — Attorney King is a founding shareholder and lead litigator at Winters & King, Inc. He has extensive courtroom experience and has primarily focused on representing churches, ministries, for-profit and nonprofit organizations during litigation.
- Wesley R. Carter — Attorney Carter joined Winters & King, Inc. in 2008 and is currently a shareholder in the firm. His primary area of practice is nonprofit organizations law, but he also handles employment, contract, and intellectual property issues.
- Ted J. Nelson — Attorney Nelson is an experienced litigator who has represented a wide variety of religious tax-exempt organizations. He specializes in areas of real estate, landlord-tenant matters, and work with tax-exempt religious organizations and churches.
- Spencer C. Pittman — Attorney Spencer C. Pittman is a valued member of the litigation team at Winters & King, Inc. Mr. Pittman has proven to be a successful and aggressive civil trial attorney.
- B.C. Lee — Attorney B.C. Lee is the estate planning attorney for the Winters & King, Inc. team. He has served on a variety of non-profit boards throughout his career and specializes in areas of estate planning and probate law.
- James Rayment – James Rayment is a valued member of the Winters & King team. Mr. Rayment joined the firm in May of 2021, and practices primarily in transactional work and corporate litigation.
- Alyssa M. LaCourse – Attorney Alyssa M. LaCourse is a valued member of the firm who practices primarily in the areas of intellectual property, nonprofit organization, and business law.
We are blessed to have such a strong team that has experience and success in so many different areas of law. Some of our attorneys practicing in areas other than church and ministry law include:
- Karen L. King — Attorney King has more than 25 years of experience in the practice of law and concentrates on insurance law, personal injury and workers compensation. Her personal injury practice encompasses both litigation and alternative dispute resolution techniques such as mediation.
- Ronald M. Fraley — Attorney Fraley has practiced law since 1988 and has been a member of the team at Winters & King, Inc. for more than 10 years. His areas of practice include divorce, juvenile issues, collections, and criminal defense work.